Rafina Port Authority SA, was founded in 2001 after the conversion of the Port Fund of Rafina which was established in December 1930 and was the official Management, Administration and Operation of the ports of the Municipality of Rafina and Agia Marina. Rafina port handles an average of 2,000,000 passengers and 6,000 ship launches (departures-arrivals) per year while Agia Marina Port handles an average of 360.00 passengers and 5,000 ship launches (departures-arrivals) per year!
Rafina Port is the second largest port in passenger’s traffic among the 16 Greek ports of International Interest (Category K1) and participates essentially in the wider port system of Attica, with the prospect in the coming years to become first in passenger’s traffic in Attica. It is included in the Trans-European Transport Network (extensive network), while it plays a significant role in the traffic to the Cyclades islands (Tinos, Andros, Mykonos, Paros, Naxos, Amorgos, Ios, Santorini and Koufonisia). It also maintains the exclusive connection with Marmari, Evia, serving both the passenger-tourist and the freight traffic of these destinations.
It has 13 mooring docks for ships and 2 piers for speedboats, a fishing shelter with 50 seats and land areas that have the ability to serve multiple activities of both coastal shipping (freight, passenger traffic) and fishing.
Services provided for the visitor-traveler:
- Controlled parking spaces.
- Passenger waiting shelters with high quality electronic and other services.
- High security luggage compartments.
- Smart benches for charging devices.
- Taxi stations.
- Bus stations.
- Free wifi.
- Dining and leisure areas such as: Fish Taverns, Restaurants, Canteens, Beach bars, Cafes and much more.
- Clean Beaches (Red Harbor, Blue Harbor, Central Beach and Marikes).
- Beach for bathing the dominant pets (Panorama Beach).
Special care for the disabled
- Autonomous access system for disabled to the sea (sea track).
- Access ramps on all sidewalks.
- Walking lanes for visually impaired people.
- Public toilets with certain specifications for the disabled.
- Disability service office.
Special care for Stray Animals
- Caring for the port strays (sterilization, food, medical care).
AGIA MARINA PORT
The newly built port of Agia Marina Grammatikou is located in the Municipality of Marathon.
It is 40 km from Eleftherios Venizelos Airport and 18 km from the nearest Health Center.
It has the exclusive connection with Almyropotamos and Styra of Evia but its visitors are not only the travelers of these destinations as the port of Agia Marina, although modernized, maintains its picturesqueness in its entirety.
It has 6 mooring docks for ships and its state-of-the-art land areas offer the passenger a beautiful & safe movement.
Services provided for the visitor-traveler:
- Free parking.
- Bus station.
- Travel Agencies.
WITH GOAL AND VISION
Rafina Port Authority SA has as its only concern the sensitivity for the quality of life of the citizens through the protection of the environment but also the execution of essential projects that will develop and upgrade the port of Rafina and at the same time will ensure its direct, easier and faster connection with the hinterland promoting the construction of substantial infrastructure projects such as Suburban Railway. In the last 2 years, substantial actions and efforts have been made to achieve the above goal and the results will be seen in the near future.
- Coastal and submarine cleanups with volunteers.
- Installation of recycling bins and cigarette collectors.
- Planting of Mediterranean plants in St Nikolas.
- Posting information signs on the beaches.
- Water and sound analyzes.
- Memorandum of cooperation for cleaning the beaches.
- Campaigns like “no to plastics… yes to life”, prints and posts.
- Completion and submission of the Master Plan of Rafina Port with the integration of the infrastructure projects, Suburban Railway and Attiki Odos in cooperation with the Ministry of Shipping, the Ministry of Infrastructure and ERGOSE.
- Fire protection and firefighting project of Rafina port (funded project).
- Slope restoration project
- Architectural study for the renovation of the coastal front in front of the old port.
- Construction of public toilets within the port (in progress).
- Static reinforcement of the building complex “Ano Kamares”.
- Reconstruction of the southern part of the sidewalk on the waterfront of the old port.
- Traffic organization.
- Replacement of the water intake system of large ships with a new one with modern technology.
- Renovation of open and closed shelters of waiting passengers and outposts.
- Replacement of lighting fixtures on the waterfront of the old port and on the main beach.
- Installation of gym equipment in Karamanli Park.
WHERE YOU CAN FIND US
Andrea G. Papandreou Coast, 19009 Rafina Port,
Tel: 22940 23605/22840,
site: Rafina Port Authority